Saturday, August 26, 2017

"Weird Paul" Documentary Coming in 2018

Movie poster for Will Work for Views: The Lo-Fi Life of Weird Paul

According to the Paul Petroskey himself, Will Work for Views: The Lo-Fi Life of Weird Paul will play at film festivals sometime in 2018. It would then be released to the general public, presumably on one of the many streaming services.

As a Kickstarter backer of the documentary, I received my reward last week, which is concert footage of Weird Paul performing live in Hollywood. Parts of it will be edited into the finished movie.

I provided my review of the concert on Twitter.

In the meantime, Weird Paul has announced that he will be releasing two new vinyl albums. One will feature Peanut Butter Recall with If You Don't Get Naked. If you're not into vinyl, you can purchase the songs on Bandcamp.



The second 45 will have Turn My Brain Off along with Look Before You Leap.



As you can see, the 45 RPM records are on color vinyl, appearing to be orange and red. The number of pressed copies has not been announced but both will be limited editions.The records are scheduled for release on Aug. 30. Contact Paul if you want to purchase copies for yourself. I suggest not waiting too long because his last vinyl record sold out quickly.


UPDATE: The records are now for sale!



A rockin' version of "Turn My Brain Off" was performed live by The Weird Paul Rock Band for an episode of the second season of The Weird Paul Variety Show on TV. He performs a lot of his other hits too so I highly recommend watching the entire video because they rock the hell out of that joint.

If you want to learn a little more about Paul, read my interview with him I wrote a little while ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Redbubble

Featured Post

Fourteen Movies MST3K Should Riff

If you were a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 , then you no doubt know that it is being rebooted, thanks to the successful Bring Bac...