Monday, November 06, 2017

Trying out DTube and Steemit



This post is just going to address some blog news about some recent updates.

I've recently created an account on DTube.

DTube is a video platform similar to YouTube. Creators can upload their videos and get paid for it but unlike YT, DTube doesn't rely on advertisers. So where does the money come from? Good question. My answer is, "The hell if I know." It's got something to do with cryptocurrency. If you want to know more about how it works, watch the videos.

Below is a screenshot of my DTube channel.

Movie Vigilante


This doesn't mean I will stop uploading to YouTube. It's just something I'm trying out. DTube is in its very early stages and still an unproven platform. It still has a lot of bugs to work out.

However, with YouTube's recent mass demonetization of creators' videos, including some of mine, I thought it couldn't hurt to look into some alternatives. YT has deemed some of my videos as "not suitable for most advertisers." Because DTube has no advertisers,  my videos can't be demonetized.

One of the drawbacks though is you can't sign up directly to DTube. You need to join Steemit first. Once you do that, you can use your password from Steemit to join DTube.



Below is a screenshot of my Steemit blog. You'll notice that Steemit has a new logo compared to the old one in the video above.

Steemit is fairly new also. Just like DTube, I'll be trying it out but I'll still be posting to this blog, occasionally.  I don't like the fact that DTube's success is tied to Steemit and that both could potentially shut down without notice. It happened to tsu.co, a site similar to Steemit, so nothing is guaranteed.

Movie Vigilante

If you want to learn more about DTube, here is an interview with the man who created it, conducted by Terry Brock, himself a user of both platforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Redbubble

Featured Post

Fourteen Movies MST3K Should Riff

If you were a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 , then you no doubt know that it is being rebooted, thanks to the successful Bring Bac...